After getting the wheels fitted it was time to work on the engine. Starting by cleaning ans fitting the primary case with content. Yes, we (now) know the clutch basket is supposed to be on the outside See, we know! Unfortunately the motor wasn’t turning poperly… time to take it ALL apart again…. We did   Read More …

We’ve been working on the old Ariel again. It’s been a while… We were a bit stuck with the wheels, we couldn’t find any to fit the frame and when we finally did, we couldn’t find axles. We finally found them at Acme Stainless in the UK. Time to ghet some work done. ┬áThe new   Read More …

De werkdruk bij mijn huidige werkgever is de laatste 1,5 tot 2 jaar onverminderd hoog geweest en ik merkte dat ik vermoeider en vermoeider thuis kwam. Het werk zelf vind ik nog steeds erg leuk, ik kwam er alleen door de (werkdruk verhogende) randzaken nauwelijks aan toe. Mijn werkgever wilde hierbij niet helpen. Wat doe   Read More …

The Ariel suffered form a broken timing cable, something that took me way too long to repare. My excuse is that work is taking up pretty much all of my energy. Even when I did manage to repair it a few weeks ago, it took me suprisingly long to take the bike for a ride.   Read More …

I bought a new bike to commute to work. No, it’s not a gasoline powered bike. This is better for my health and wallet. Meet my 2017 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1: I took it to Trier in Germany. I only had 3 days, not enough to go there on the Ariel or Enfield.

It’s been a long time since Vincent and I worked on the other Ariel. We had a lot of problems finding the right wheels and were worried we wouldn’t be able to find steering head bearings. We found all of that during the christmass holidays, so it was high time to take a day off   Read More …

I’ve been seriously neglecting the Enfield for years. It really, really needed some attention. Well, at least, two things I did to it needed attention: Both fenders were completely worn out from the heavy off road use. The rear fender had 3 10cm + tears and all mounting holes were worn out. So I replaced   Read More …

I bought a new camera and changed my workflow (swapped form Lightroom to Capture One). Now my vintage 200mm Carl Zeiss Sonar lens works again :). Took the Ariel out yesterday to find an appropriate backback for the camera + DJI Mavic. It was blisteringly cold, but fun!

Twitter updates

No public Twitter messages.

Sponsors

  • Cheap reliable web hosting from WebHostingHub.com.
  • Domain name search and availability check by PCNames.com.
  • Website and logo design contests at DesignContest.com.
  • com.